Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Café Petanque

Much like the french culture itself, this petanque bar seems to have withstood the sands of time allowing minimal change.  The tracks blared over head were all Beatles era and the bathrooms were closed off by heavy velvet curtains.  There was a certain grime to it, but I couldn't decide if that were age or the fact that smoking was allowed indoors. The decor screamed what I imagine the sixties or maybe seventies looked like: lava lamp, velvet velour and all.   

The drink menu is nothing out of the ordinary, but if it's something you fancy, you can grab a set of petanque balls (boulles, bocce ball) and just go to town on the indoor court.  My friends and I definitely thought this bar was a hoot and a holler.

One of these days I promise I will get a proper camera, but until then, these are some inside pics:



Petanque courts 


Eiffel Tower poster and velvet.  Could you get any more Parisian chic??  I think not.



No comments:

Post a Comment