Tuesday, July 21, 2015

People Operations

I just got out of a google hang out with a potential employer.

I wasn't offered the job and I'm not even taking a second interview.

The woman I was chatting with was a people operations manager.

She spoke with a barbie doll pitched voice with the weird drag at the end, you know, the Kim Kardashian voice? The one that for some God forsaken reason is sweeping American women off their vocal chords? That's the one.

Since the hangout was on camera, I could see her.  A fact that she did not seem aware of, as she flipped her hair and tussled it an average of 15 times in our 30 minute conversation.

At one point, she grabbed a chunk of hair and wrapped it around her face.  I couldn't tell if she was smelling it or thought I'd be entertained by her Tom Selleck impression, but it was fucking weird.

I was completely over it when she straight up yawned in the middle of me answering the second question she asked me.   Sorry, is the 3.5 minute mark on your attention span already up?  My bad dog.

The whole point of being in "people operations" is that you make people feel more like people....seems you're too much of an asshole to handle that.

WTF America.  WTF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment