Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The week of Jartannah

Welcome to what might be the longest post I will ever make on this site.  To keep things moving smoothly, I'm going to be less wordy, more picturey.  

My brother, Arthur, and his girlfriend, Jill, recently came in to town and we spent a week in a whirl wind of activity.  I'm going to give you a general breakdown of the week's activities.  Ready? Ready.

Tuesday, August 26...

...was fairly uneventful.  The couple arrived bearing gifts  from Thailand and Willis (Texas forever 6).  Take a guess which one was which.



Oh yeah, everyone got one. And we took a proper photo shoot.




Wednesday August 27th...

...after getting off at 7 from work I barely had enough time to eat anything before taking a few swigs of Jameson as an apero (house guest gift from Art) and heading downtown to Wan chai to catch a cocktail at Wooloomooloo and then off to ladies night for free fun/drank.  The night ended with an outrageous claim on my part of being queen of 7/11 sandwiches after stuffing one down the hatch.  Class.

on second thought, maybe I won't wear heels

Wooloomooloo rooftop




Thursday August 28th...

...Thursday I was able to take off work at 5 so it was off to stroll along star avenue then to Castro's in TST for an apero and then to the Chung King mansions for a legit Indian dinner to die for.  We stuffed ourselves silly for about 12$ USD and then high tailed it out.  (The mansions can be SUPER creepy)

sisbrah photo shoot

Isn't she purty
Friends 

Entering the Chungy

VIP y'all

Khyber pass.  Best food ever.

EVER
Friday August 29th...

...I somehow finagled my way out of work on Friday and we went on a speedy tour of Lantau island.  First to the fisher village Tai O, a hike up to the infinity pool, then off to Pui O where I finally got to have dinner at Mavericks.  Only on Lantau do you encounter land, fresh air, and cows crossing the beach. I didn't actually get any snaps of our dinner because we devoured it in 3 seconds, but everything we had was aaaaahhhhhmmaaazzziiiinnnnggg




I jumped off this waterfall...and directly into that giant rock.  Great pic, not so great landing.

Sunset at Pui O
Maverick's

Inset your "till the cows come home" joke here
Saturday August 30th...

...this was by far the best night I had of the week, and one of the best I've had in Hong Kong.  The stars aligned so that everyone was able to get together and have an apero at Lee and Amy's, a fabulous meal out in Lamma island, followed by a short walk to the beach, then a quick ride back to LKF where the celebration took off (as it does in LKF).  Sunday was painful.







To top the night off, Arthur went looking for a rooftop to hang out on, and found ours...which I had no clue we actually had access to.  I've lived here for a year and a half.  He found it within four days. :/


 Sunday August 31st...

...Sunday was painful like I said.  I had to work and then directly after was to meet Arthur and Jill for a tour of Hong Kong with Jill's family - straight tourist style.  We ended up going to a floating restaurant called Jumbo and then up to the peak for some night action.





Phew.  

You guys must be exhausted after all that.  It was one crazy week, but so amazing to see my bro again after two long years.  It really refreshed me to have little reminders of where I've come from.  Now to figure out where I'm going.......




No comments:

Post a Comment