Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"I'M NOT FUNNY!"

Only one day into teaching and I'm already won over by these incredibly cute faces.  Unfortunately, along with loving my class, I was nice to them, which means they apparently think I'm a door mat.  So lesson number one: be stern to small children or they'll eat you alive.

Lesson number two: Korean children CANNOT say Suzannah.  It comes out something along the lines of Sujiannah.  Which is adorable, and I've been called worse, so I feel like I'm alright with it.

Lesson number three: Bless their hearts, I forgot how impossible it is for children to hide their emotions.  And since these ones don't speak English well, when they are made mad by another laughing in their expense, they angrily yell "I'M NOT FUNNY!" and it's true.  They do lack a sense of comedic intuition.  They also like to yell "I'M ANGRY!" funny enough, they have yet to learn to yell positive emotions.  I think I will teach them to yell "FUCK, I"M HAPPY!"


No comments:

Post a Comment